Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Register
Community Search
Calendar

11/4/2020
WEB COURSE - Commercial Building Training - 6 hour training block - Part 6 - November 2020

11/5/2020
WEB COURSE - Code Training Seminar 14 Hour Block - Thurday's - November/December 2020

How are you handling Owner/Builder permits during this time
Moderator(s): Ann Russo
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

3/23/2020 at 3:06:00 PM GMT
How are you handling Owner/Builder permits during this time
As many of our offices are closed to the public during this time and have transitioned to only phone and email, I am wondering what other government agencies are doing about owner/builder permits. Since owners will no longer be able to personally appear to us are you allowing owners to do online submitting or are just suspending owner/builder applications at this time? Is there a process or a program that is acceptable to allow them to do this during the State of Emergency?

3/26/2020 at 1:15:32 PM GMT
Good Morning, The City of Gainesville is practicing virtual inspections of occupied dwellings. Just beginning this process, but it is an extension of our virtual mechanical change out inspections. Small things should be easy. Our Chief inspector did a test run using Skype on a bond beam inspection on a commercial job. Once we have things and procedures in print I will put this up on the posting board.
You can email me directly at patricklr@cityofgainesville.org.

Sign In
Login with LinkedIn
OR

Advertisement