BOAF's Scholarship Program Provides Funds for Higher Learning
The Building Officials Association of Florida established a scholarship program to help provide the family of BOAF State members with funds for higher education. This annual program is administered by the Scholarships Committee. Applications and Reference Forms should be submitted to BOAF by April 15 of the calendar year.
Click below for the Scholarship forms:
Scholarship Reference Form
Criteria of Qualification of Student Applicants: The Scholarship Fund Committee may establish reasonable and operable procedures and qualifications for determining the selection of the student or students considered as recipients of Scholarships from the Scholarship Fund, provided they are not in conflict with criteria or guidelines herein stated, and as follows:
- The student applicant shall be an active member or an immediate family member of an active member of the Building Officials Association of Florida (BOAF). (Immediate family member shall be a dependent son, daughter or a grandchild, if the member is raising the grandchild.)
- The student applicant shall agree that the use of grant funds shall be predicated on his or her enrollment or continuance of education in a recognized and/or accredited school such as college, university, trade school, or as may be acceptable to the Scholarship Committee.
- The applicant shall show need for financial assistance.
- The applicant should possess qualities of good character and integrity.
- A record of evidence of satisfactory scholastic or school grades, ability, ambition, and desire for continuance of education shall be submitted.
- The maximum number of years that funds may be granted a student is four (4) years. All students desiring this funding must make application each year using the latest form provided.
- Scholarship recipients may be requested to provide enrollment verification prior to distribution of funds.