Read BOAF's Legislative Position Statement here.
Read BOAF's Legislative Analysis here.
The Building Officials Association of Florida (BOAF) is a member-driven association of building code professionals, experienced, educated and licensed in the administration of adopted building codes. Our members protect the communities they serve through enforcement of adopted building codes, and educate the construction industry regarding the use of building codes in the design and construction of the built environment.
What we believe
- Building codes work, saving lives and property every day
- Effective Building Codes create safe communities
- Building code professionals protect communities everyday from unsafe conditions in the built environment
- Building code development must be accomplished through a consensus process by building code professionals
- Building code professionals, design professionals, and contractors benefit from joint training experiences
Legislative issues we support
- Increase the mandatory continuing education requirement of architects, engineers, building code professionals, and contractors by an additional seven (7) hours of building code training
- Continuing education training programs for architects, engineers, building code professionals and contractors on building code subjects should be funded through the Florida Building Commission with excess funds collected from the building permit surcharge
- Code modifications that meet established criteria in statute, only during the tri-annual update
BOAF's legislative efforts are led by the Legislative Committee, a committee of volunteers and member of BOAF from across the state of Florida.
Click here to access the BOAF Legislative Resources library.
Click here to locate your local Florida legislators.
Click here to view current Legislative Issues.