Are you a Licensed Contractor, Sub-Contractor or Skilled Trade Worker?
Consider a career as building code compliance professional.
With five years of verifiable experience in your field of expertise, you may qualify to take the Florida State Licensure exam in the following areas:
- Building Inspector or Plans Examiner
- Mechanical Inspector or Plans Examiner
- Electrical Inspector or Plans Examiner
- Plumbing Inspector or Plans Examiner
- 1 & 2 Family Dwelling Inspector or Plans Examiner
Follow these steps to Licensure:
- Submit your application to DPBR's Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board (BCAIB) by selecting the appropriate inspector or plans examiner link.
- Download the Building Code Examination Bulletin and the Building Code -Florida Principles and Practice documents from DBPR's Candidate Testing Information Booklet webpage.
- After receiving approval to take the exam from DBPR, schedule your exams (technical area and the Florida Principles & Practice).
- Purchase the building codes volumes referenced in the Candidate Testing Information Booklet and Principles and Practice Manual from BOAF's Online Store to prepare for your exam (this is an open-book test).
Check our Calendar for supplemental classes in subject matter content areas.
View the Florida Statute 468.609 and the Florida Administrative Code 61G19-7 to see if you qualify for licensure.