In today's economy, you have to justify every dollar you spend, including the money and time to attend the BOAF 2016 Conference & Exposition. You also need to stay competitive in today's market. By investing in attendance at BOAF 2016, you will benefit your organization by advancing and fine-tuning your skills, finding new ways to increase efficiency, and gaining practical knowledge you can put to work the day you return.
- Use this Justification Letter (click to download template) to present to your supervisor outlining the costs and benefits of attending the conference.
- Focus specifically on what you will bring back to the organization as a return for the investment of attending. For example:
- With the chance to earn CEUs while at BOAF 2016, you can advance your knowledge in a concentrated amount of time.
- You can network with others in your field to gain different perspectives on your job.
- After conference you will be take valuable knowledge home with you. When you return you can offer to share that knowledge with others in your department.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you learned. That way others in your department will get the benefits of your attendance, too.
- Share the syllabus and speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
- Registering and booking your hotel room early will also give you the opportunity to take advantage of lower rates.